
I was graciously given a new shaver this Christmas. Now my old philips shaver is up for retirement. It shaved my first wisps of peachy moustachio manliness approximately twelve years ago. Apparently, I was supposed to change the blades every two years. They were only replaced once during the shaver's era in my toiletries bag. So, more recently, it chopped or pulled rather than shaved any hair on my face. The new shaver on the other hand, truly a piece of beautiful industrial design, is quieter, lighter, quicker, and has a whopping seven more rotating blades than the oldie. The blade face not only bends and conforms to my pointy mug, it swings on a hinge to be rinsed under a tap ensuring a clean and clog-free experience every morning. What am I? A Jetson?
From an artistic view point it's interesting to see the transition from black to matte silver. I can't put my finger on when electronics began to abandon the black plastic designers were enthralled in during the 80s and 90s. Most electronics companies have taken alternate avenues to make their products stand out. Apple is a prime example with its oft imitated white mystique and "technologically advanced" look. It doesn't help that my old shaver had an A-Team inspired red stripe down its sides. It's interesting that we rarely notice these transitions when they are happening, as it is much easier to look back and compare.I found a weakness in Blessings' unorganized business (or at least the unorganized manager at the franchise
by our apartment) and lack of customer service it upholds. Attempting to order MuteMath's new album proved impossible as even though their EP was under a "Christian" label, this new release was not. Too bad, so sad. The chink in their armour was found when I was purchasing Demon Hunter's Triptych and the cashier revealed to me that they no longer had any blank gift cards to cover the balance, but asked me if cash change would suffice. Ten minutes later Amazon.ca received said monies in exchange for a brand spanking new MuthMath album. My ears say: Thank You to Steve and Angela for bringing me bone-crunching melodies and unique keyboard laden harmonics! I mean that from the depths of my cochleas.
I have reached a lull in my creative doodles, which Julia is helping me to crawl out of by prodding me with new Staelder pens (at 0.1 and 0.05 sizes nonetheless!! glorious!) and inspiring me with new themes to render. "Forest Critters" was the latest, which my hands interpreted as a Goldilocks/Little Red Riding Hood character being chased and attacked by said creatures. Maybe a caption would help.
Any suggestions?
ps: spot the allusions to video games in the titles of my last posts and i'll give you a surprise.
3 comments:
"It was the last time Goldilocks would wear real fur into the forest, or see the light of day again."
it was an unfortunate blunder when, on that busy, busy morning, little red riding hood mistook her brother's axe deodorant for her usual bug spray.
"give us back our magic mushrooms!!"
Post a Comment